Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Painting at Budwieser Made In America NYC Party!


Summer has been a great journey of growth. I had to push myself beyond what I have had to once do in the past. I have been given some good opportunities to showcase my work and have learned much more about myself and my audience in the process. 

I was chosen as the artist to do a live painting on a guitar during a concert event. Little did I know how major it was going to be. I was chosen to paint the New York guitar during the New York City concert stop on the Budweiser Made in America Tour at the Roseland Ballroom. Given a 6 hour time frame, I decided to freestyle my concept and dedicated my approach to the hustle and bustle experiences many have living in New York. It's the Land of Opportunity and taking chances as a New Yorker, has inspired me throughout the process. The mindblowing part about the experience was that what I was painting was happpening to me-- a chance taken. It was truly an amazing experience and I am so grateful to be apart of it.

The festival curated by Jay-Z took place at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in my hometown Philadelphia, PA from Aug 31-Sept 1st.  All of the 29 tour guitars made their way to the Budweiser Beer Garden where they were showcased for the Festival.

A big thank you to Big Shoulders Video and Budweiser for having me as a part of this experience!

Check out these pics from the event and tour and the time lapse video of my process.




Quick picture after painting live.
Photo Courtesy of Budwieser

The guitar showcased at the Beer Garden at the Made In America Festival




See all of the guitar time lapses and interviews featured on Budweiser's Youtube Channel! 



-

No comments:

Post a Comment