Tuesday, April 14, 2015

CHRISETTE MICHELE | ART: PAINTING |TIME LAPSE|




I spent last Tuesday working with amazingly humble and talented singer, songwriter, Chrisette Michele and her ‪#‎RichHipster‬ team for the New York stop on her ‪#posenpostsymposium‬‪‎tour‬. What a empowering atmosphere. Here's to pushing concept and a deadline, and ultimately will.I wanted to gift Chrisette with this painting while I had the opportunity to volunteer for her venue so I got started once the concept aligned with me. With 72 hours till the time I was due to show up, I started by stretching my canvas on Friday night. I created a reference pulling from a few different musical influences I have found in her music as well as reference to her latest E.P. cover art to tie it all in as a whimsical portrait.  Due to my schedule, I could only paint for a few sessions in a total of 2 days if I wanted to execute my deadline. On Sunday, around 4pm, I started sketching the portrait, scaling it properly onto my canvas. I worked from 4pm- 3am and for about 5 hours on Monday. from 10pm-3am. 
Add caption

On Tuesday, 12 hours before It got to be in the hands of the muse herself, I took an hour to observe my work and successfully wrapped and packaged the painting (ready for shipping) about an
 hour before arriving to volunteer for her amazing @posenpostsymposium event. 




We had been hands on with Chrisette for the entire event. I waited until the event was over to gift her with the painting so she could be at a less busy state. It was an unreal moment, and amazing to watch her observe and give her feedback about it. Her kind words warmed my heart and it felt awesome to transition my creation to the muse herself. Just as I had imagined, Chrisette was just as humble and down to earth and receptive. I already appreciate her music and her brand ‪#‎RichHipster‬ and now it has maximied x10 after spending time with her, in painting and in person. 



Gifts are meant to be shared. I appreciate her talent and support her light in the industry. Stay sharp and steady working is the way to go!

I like referencing an image that exists so I can capture the likeness, however incorporating elements that create mystery and fantasy are things I've been exporing for a while.

Stay tuned for more posts coming soon with more snippets of what's in store for me.

Who knows what the future may bring?

UPDATE 4/21/15:

CHECK OUT THE RECAP VIDEO ON YOUTUBE TO SEE THE EXCHANGE START AT 2:11

https://youtu.be/ykCtiP99kNw


No comments:

Post a Comment